The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) has announced that it will grant one-year extensions for eight of 21 specific product exclusions due to expire on April 18, 2020.
Section 301 penalties have been in effect for these List 1 products on entries starting July 6, 2018.
8 EXCLUSIONS EXTENDED THROUGH APRIL 18, 2021
- 8420.10.9080 – Roller machines designed for cutting, etching or embossing paper, foil or fabric, manually powered.
- 8425.39.0100 – Ratchet winches designed for use with textile fabric strapping.
- 8431.20.0000 – Counterweight castings of iron or steel designed for use on forklift and other works trucks.
- 8431.20.0000 – Tines, carriages, and other goods handling apparatuses and parts designed for use on forklift and other works trucks.
- 8479.90.9496 – Reject doors, pin protectors, liners, front walls, grates, hammers, rotor and end disc caps, and anvil and breaker bars, of iron or steel, the foregoing parts of metal shredders.
- 8479.90.9496 – Steering wheels designed for watercraft, of stainless steel, having a wheel diameter exceeding 27 cm but not exceeding 78 cm.
- 8481.90.9040 – Pipe brackets of aluminum, each with 4 ports, the foregoing measuring 27.9 cm x 20.3 cm x 17.8 cm and weighing 11.34 kg, designed for installation into air brake control valves.
- 9030.33.3800 – Instruments for measuring or checking voltage or electrical connections; electrical circuit tracers.
13 EXCLUSIONS EXPIRING APRIL 18, 2020
- 8413.19.0000 – Pumps designed for countertop appliances for serving beer, the foregoing that control the level of carbonation by means of sonic waves.
- 8421.21.0000 – Water oxidizers and chlorinators
- 8428.33.0000 – Continuous action elevators and conveyors, designed to convey mineral materials.
- 8466.93.9885 – Parts of drill sharpening machines
- 8479.90.9496 – Outer shells of hydraulic accumulators, of iron or non-alloy steel, cylindrical with hemispherical heads on each end.
- 8479.90.9496 – Parts of mechanical awnings and shades.
- 8481.10.0090 – Pressure regulators of brass or bronze, whether high or low inlet type, having a rated flow rate of 55,000 – 150,000 BTU/hr, maximum inlet pressure of 0.17 megapascals to 1.72 megapascals, inlet connection with POL or thread type of fitting.
- 8481.90.9040 – Push pins and C-poles of steel, designed for use in variable force solenoid valves.
- 8482.10.5032 – Ball bearings of a width not exceeding 30 mm.
- 8504.90.9690 – Inductor baseplates of aluminum, each with a length measuring 149.20 mm or more but not over 275 mm, with a width measuring 119.40 mm or more but not over 232 mm and with a depth of 10.50 mm or more but not over 19 mm, with a weight of 0.48 kg or more but not over 3.2 kg
- 8515.90.4000 – Parts of soldering irons and soldering machines
- 8536.50.9065 – Motor vehicle gear shift switch assemblies, comprised of a plunger, connector and gear shift lever.
- 8536.50.9065 – Pressure switches designed for use in heat pumps and air-conditioning condensers having a rating of 1.90 megapascals or more but not over 4.55 megapascals.
ANY IMPORTER MAY APPLY FOR REFUNDS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY FILED AN EXCLUSION REQUEST. EXCLUSION SCOPE IS DEFINED BY PRODUCT, NOT BY INDIVIDUAL FILING.
Need help? Talk to Green’s Global Trade Experts or your local Green office representative to see if you qualify for a retroactive refund.
As Green continues to monitor the situation, stay up-to-date on freight news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For continuous updates, make sure to check out our website at greenworldwide.com.