Pursuant to the General Notice (83 FRN 37509) published August 1, 2018, various changes to user fees within the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) of 1985 will take effect on October 1, 2018.
- The Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) ad valorem rate of 0.3464% will NOT change.
- The MPF minimum and maximum for formal entries (class code 499) will change.
- The minimum will change from $25.67 to $26.22 and the maximum will change from $497.99 to $508.70.
- The Informal MPF (class code 311) will change to $2.10.
- The Dutiable Mail Fee (class code 496) will change to $5.77.
- The surcharge for manual entry or release will change to $3.15.
As Green continues to monitor the situation, stay up-to-date on freight news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn or, subscribe to Green’s Freight Talk blog to received updates directly to your email.