The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach have announced schedules for the Independence Day holiday period of Thursday, July 4, 2019, through Sunday, July 7, 2019. Shippers should make note that all terminals will be closed both July 4 and July 5 in observance of Independence Day.
Other container terminals closing for the National holiday include:
- GARDEN CITY: Closed.
- PORT OF VIRGINIA: Closed. At 0900 Friday, July 5, Trucker Reservation System (TRS) will open for Saturday, July 6, and Monday, July 8
- NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY: Closed.
- PORT OF HOUSTON: Closed. Operations will resume Friday, July 5.
- PORT OF SEATTLE-TACOMA: Closed.
- PORT OF MIAMI: Closed. Operations resume July 5.
- SOUTH CAROLINA PORTS: Closed.
Green recommends that shippers try to recover any containers from the terminals before July 3 to avoid being caught in the expected congestion. Individual terminals have posted variations of their schedules, but it is likely that many terminals will be open on Friday, July 5 or Saturday, July 6 to help proactively move containers out of terminals.
As Green continues to monitor the situation, stay up-to-date on freight news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For continuous updates, make sure to check out our website at greenworldwide.com.