After reviewing comments from industry, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) has decided not to extend almost 100 product exclusions that, starting Thursday, July 9, 2020, will once again face Section 301 tariffs on List 1 goods from China. Additionally, the following 12 product exclusions were selected to be extended through December 31, 2021:
- 8412.39.0080 – Direct acting and spring return pneumatic actuators, each rated at a maximum pressure of 10 bar and valued over $68 but not over $72 per unit.
- 8413.91.9080 / 8413.91.9095 / 8413.91.9085 / 8413.91.9096 – Pump casings and bodies
- 8413.91.9080 / 8413.91.9095 / 8413.91.9085 / 8413.91.9096 – Pump covers
- 8413.91.9080 / 8413.91.9095 / 8413.91.9085 / 8413.91.9096 – Pump parts, of plastics, each valued not over $3.
- 8414.30.8030 – Compressors, other than screw type, used in air conditioning equipment in motor vehicles, each valued over $88 but not over $92 per unit.
- 8514.90.8000 – Structural components for industrial furnaces.
- 8532.22.0085 – Aluminum electrolytic capacitors, each valued not over $3.20.
- 8536.50.9025 – Rotary switches, rated at over 5 A, measuring not more than 5.5 cm by 5.0 cm by 3.4 cm, each with 2 to 8 spade terminals and an actuator shaft with D-shaped cross section.
- 8536.50.9025 – Rotary switches, single pole, single throw (SPST), rated at over 5 A, each measuring not more than 14.6 cm by 8.9 cm by 14.1 cm.
- 8543.30.9080 – Zinc anodes for use with machines and apparatus for electroplating, electrolysis or electrophoresis.
- 9015.80.8080 – Weather station sets, each consisting of a monitoring display and outdoor weather sensors, having a transmission range of not over 140 m and valued not over $50 per set.
- 9022.90.6000 – Multi-leaf collimators of radiotherapy systems based on the use of X-ray.
Product exclusions that are set to expire and face original Section 301 tariffs include aluminum components, electric motors, pump parts, construction equipment and agricultural vehicles, hubs and bearings, capacitors, switches, generators and x-ray equipment.
The full list of 98 expiring product exclusions and extensions can be found in the official USTR notice.
Need help? Talk to Green’s Global Trade Experts or your local Green office representative to see if you qualify for a retroactive refund.
As Green continues to monitor the situation, stay up-to-date on freight news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For continuous updates, make sure to check out our website at greenworldwide.com.