The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) has released a new group of product exclusions covering List 4 products from China that went into effect September 1, 2019. Importers may now request applicable refunds through September 1, 2020.
The exclusions are reflected in two 10-digit HTSUS subheadings and 61 specially prepared product descriptions, which respond to 55 separate exclusion requests.
ANY IMPORTER MAY APPLY FOR REFUNDS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY FILED AN EXCLUSION REQUEST. EXCLUSION SCOPE IS DEFINED BY PRODUCT, NOT BY INDIVIDUAL FILING.
3) 0505.10.0055 – Down of ducks or geese, not further worked than cleaned, disinfected or treated for preservation, meeting both test standards 4 and 10.1 of Federal Standard 148a promulgated by the General Services Administration, with a fill power of at least 315 cm3/g but not more than 580 cm3/g
4) 2933.69.6010 – Cyanuric chloride (IUPAC name: 2,4,6-trichloro-1,3,5-triazine) (CAS No. 108-77-0), 99.5 percent or higher in purity
5) 3924.90.5650 – Kneeling pads of plastics
6) 3926.90.9990 – Fittings of plastics, of a kind used to connect mop heads with mop handles
7) 4901.99.0093 – Printed books, in the Chinese language (other than dictionaries and encyclopedias, textbooks, directories, bibles, testaments, prayer books and other religious books, technical, scientific and professional books, art and pictorial books, hardbound books, and rack size paperbound books), containing 49 or more pages each (excluding covers)
8) 6116.10.4400 – Women’s cut and sewn garden gloves, without fourchettes, cut and sewn from preexisting machine knitted fabric of polyester and cotton jersey, containing 50 percent or more by weight of rubber or plastics, clute cut
9) 6116.10.5520 – Gloves cut and sewn of machine knitted fabric, without fourchettes, with applied polyvinyl chloride dots, such gloves containing 50 percent or more by weight of cotton, man-made fibers or wool, or any combination thereof and subject to man-made fiber restraints
10) 6116.10.6500 – Gloves, containing less than 50 percent by weight of textile fibers, coated with rubber or plastics designed for enhanced grip
11) 6116.93.8800 – Gloves, cut and sewn of knitted fabric in chief weight of polyester, not impregnated, coated or covered with plastics or rubber, without fourchettes
12) 6216.00.1720 – Gloves of vegetable fibers, without fourchettes, with applied dots of polyvinyl chloride
13) 6307.90.9889 – Shells for pillows and comforters made from microfiber fabric consisting of filament yarns not more than 1.22 decitex, such fabric with a weight of at least 55 g/m2 but not more than 155 g/m2
14) 7217.20.3000 – Round wire of nonalloy steel, hot-dipped galvanized with zinc, containing by weight less than 0.25 percent carbon, measuring at least 1.5 mm in diameter
15) 8305.10.0010 – Ring binder mechanisms for loose leaf binders, each measuring at least 132 mm but not more than 134 mm in length and at least 16 mm but not more than 18 mm in width, with 2 prongs seated underneath housing
16) 8481.90.1000 – Three-way hand-operated valve part of brass, suitable for use as an input part on irrigation-grade valves
17) 8507.60.0020 – Lithium-ion batteries of a form other than size designations of the International Electrotechnical Commission (“IEC”) or the American National Standards Institute (“ANSI”), each producing not more than 45 V, with a capacity of at least 6,000 milliamp hours (mAh) but not more than 10 A hours
18) 8517.62.0090 – Optical channel splitters (capable of converting between electrical signals and multiplexed optical signals)
19) 8529.90.1300 – Television liquid crystal display (“LCD”) main board assemblies, each consisting of a printed circuit board containing a television tuner and audio and video components
20) 9003.11.0000 – Safety spectacle frames of plastics conforming to U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards
21) 9003.11.0000 – Spectacle frames of plastics conforming to U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations as approved medical devices
22) 9003.19.0000 – Spectacle frames, other than of plastics
23) 9013.80.9000 – Liquid crystal display (“LCD”) modules, not capable of receiving or processing a broadcast television signal, each with a video display diagonal measuring not more than 191 cm
24) 9111.20.4000 – Watch cases of stainless steel and titanium, not gold- or silver-plated, unassembled, each measuring at least 20 mm but not more than 48 mm in diameter and weighing at least 50 g but not more than 250 g
25) 9111.20.4000 – Wristwatch cases of stainless steel, not gold- or silver-plated, including the sapphire crystal, the crown and the case back, each measuring at least 39 mm but not more than 41 mm in diameter and at least 8 mm but not more than 10 mm in thickness, weighing not more than 40 g
26) 9114.30.4000 – Watch dials of brass, each measuring at least 18 mm but not exceeding 50 mm in width and weighing at least 10 g but not more than 20 g
27) 9114.30.4000 – Wristwatch dials of copper, each measuring at least 33 mm but not more than 35 mm in diameter
28) 9114.90.4000 – Wristwatch hands, presented in sets each containing three hands (second, minute and hour) of copper, each hand measuring at least 10 mm but not more than 14 mm in length, faced with lume paint
29) 9401.90.1085 – Parts of child safety seats
30) 9506.91.0030 – Unfinished pads and seats for weight-training exercise machines
31) 9507.20.8000 – Fish hooks, not snelled
32) 9603.90.8050 – Mop heads of polyester and rayon, lint free, disposable
33) 9603.90.8050 – Tufts of swine hair bristles, oriented with the soft feather tipped ends of the hairs facing up and the hard, root ends of the hairs facing down, with the root ends of the hairs glued together to form a round bottom not more than 7 mm in diameter, for incorporation into brushes
34) 9613.80.2090 – Electrical spark lighters
Need help? Talk to Green’s Global Trade Experts or your local Green office representative to see if you qualify for a retroactive refund.
As Green continues to monitor the situation, stay up-to-date on freight news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For continuous updates, make sure to check out our website at greenworldwide.com.